2019 Employee Benefits Seminar :: Washington
We are no longer accepting registrations for this seminar, and apologize for any inconvenience. Please opens in a new windowclick here to visit our Seminars page for information on other offerings.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Registration & Breakfast:
8:00 – 8:30am
8:30 – 11:30am
The Bellevue Club
11200 SE 6th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
opens in a new window[map]
» Learn about our speakers.
Bob Radecki, Benefit Comply, LLC
- Developments in the Courts and Washington D.C.
- IRS 4980H “Employer Mandate” Penalty Collection Efforts
- Using Compliance Rules to Save Money or Reduce Employer Risk
- HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Pending Regulations Update
- Benefits Issues During Employee Leave and Other Time Off
- Regulations Impacting Transgender Benefits
Gillian Murphy, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
- Overview and basics of the WA PFML (Paid Family and Medical Leave) law
- New and anticipated developments
- The intersection of state benefits and existing laws and voluntary programs
- Practical tips and next steps
The PS&F Benefits Team
- Emerging Trends in Employee Benefits
» Bob Radecki | Principal, Benefit Comply, LLC
Bob has more than 30 years’ experience in the HR and employee benefits industry helping employers deal with difficult benefit and compliance matters. He has served as the principal HIPAA consultant to a number of health insurance companies and is recognized as an expert on a variety of benefit compliance issues including COBRA, FMLA and health reform. Bob has been the featured speaker at numerous industry events and conferences, and has published many articles on various compliance issues.
» Gillian Murphy | Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
Gillian helps employers of all sizes successfully navigate every aspect of the employment relationship. From recruiting to termination and everything in between, Gillian teams with HR and management to find pragmatic solutions that limit legal risk and meet business objectives.
Gillian spends the majority of her time advising clients on a variety of legal issues such as leave and disability law compliance, policy development, executive compensation, and discrimination investigations. She also regularly conducts management and front-line employee training programs on a range of employment topics and is known for her engaging presentation style. While Gillian serves employers across all industries, she has particular expertise in the restaurant and hotel space, as well as the non-profit sector.